Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Digital photo final project proposal

My final project for digital photography will be a collection of photos that tell the story of how Jewish people lived pre, during, and post World War II in Europe. The differences of sites and or towns where Jewish people lived their daily lives and how they differ from present day. i.e. the Jewish Quarter in Prague housed the isolated Jews for centuries which later became a slum and now it houses a museum with other historical sites dealing with Jewish tradition and upscale shops. The irony of that change within the last century is intriguing. The connection of the photos will tell a story of the changes within Jewish culture throughout the years in Europe.


Dear blog readers. I am using this blog for my digital photography class as well as for my own use. Pardon the homework assignments that will be posted weekly because they will seem random and irrelevant to you.

1 comment:

  1. Gabriella,

    I think that your selection for your final project is clear and that it will help to provide for an interesting exploration of Jewish history here in Prague and Europe. I think that all of your ideas were well thought out, but I believe that this choice will be one in which your ideas will be able to be communicated visually in a very clear and direct way. It will be interesting to hear your comments as you go from place to place looking from this particular perspective. I can see your thoughts and reflections on these differences as making up a large part of your reflection reports each week.

    ReplyDelete