Monday, November 29, 2010

Final photos for exhibit














Jewish people in Europe during 1930’s to 1940’s were hated by the Nazis for their religious beliefs and either placed in concentration camps or mistreated. Consequently, millions of Jews throughout Europe were either killed or displaced. Nazis targeted ALL Jews regardless of age, socio-economic status, sex, or nationality.

I will never truly grasp why or how the Holocaust occurred. Most importantly, I will never understand how the victims felt during this time and how they managed to survive on daily basis. I visited the Auschwitz complex and it brings sorrow to my heart to know that humans could do that to each other. Words do not express the emotions that went through my mind while walking the halls of the complex. It baffles me that so many Jews walked those halls just 70 years earlier, never to leave the complex again.

My Czech family was taken to Auschwitz, and it is my direct connection to the Holocaust that inspired me to take photographs that commemorate the victims affected by the Nazi regime. These photographs are dedicated to all who suffered under Nazi rule.

No comments:

Post a Comment